Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Northern California Countdown ... 3 Weeks! And a First Trial Review. Dry Roasted & Unsalted Pistachios

Fresh & Easy launch in Northern California is approaching! Danville is only three weeks away now.

I still have to come up with a format of how to review the products but I'll still adjust the categories based on store categories as well as a 1-10 ranking of the product.

Here is a possible format I'll use as it just has three basic pieces of data (rating, price, category) along with the basic review. I was going to sub-rank other items on a scale of 1-10 (texture, flavor, etc.), but thought it would be best just to keep it simple and touch on the points in my review. I'll try the moniker of Fresh vs. Stale to denote what I feel were the high and low points of the product.

Dry Roasted & Unsalted Pistachios

Overall Rating
7.5/10
Price
N/A (Didn't have original receipt)
Category
Snacks






Fresh: Roasted well, good appearance, nut yield

Stale: Average flavor

Review: Overall, a tasty product and would probably only buy them again for recipes that called for unsalted pistachios. I acknowledge some people prefer unsalted / low sodium snacks, but these do lack a little punch from their basic roasted nature. I still gave it an overall high rating as they roasting process seems to be well executed and most shells were open (i.e. very rarely, a few were unable to be opened. They had a great texture and were not under-roasted.






Tags: Nut, pistachio, snack, unsalted

No comments:

Post a Comment